Thursday 15 December 2016

Documentary Image Bank


I chose this image because it documents the journey of the man on the bike. As well as showing documentary it also has aspects of movement in it because the man on the bike is shown as a motion blur. I think this image makes us think a lot because we want to know how it was captured as the picture would've had to be taken at the right moment. As well as documenting the path of the cyclist it also shows the path that the photographer would be taking as we can see the steps. I can use elements of this in my work by including movement in my documentary photos and also including some of the other primary elements.


I chose this image because it documents a story. We can see that this man must be part of the war and he is wearing a uniform and holding a gun. We begin to feel sorry for the man because his face is filled with fear. The fact that his shoulders are hunched over could show that he is trying to protect himself by trying to make himself small. This image caught my attention because it makes us want to know more about him and more about the war. I can use ideas from this photo in my work by using portraiture to document someones life.


I chose this image because it documents the lives of these girls. We can link this image to popularity and the pressures of being a girl. These girls are all thin and pretty which makes us instantly think that they are probably the popular girls. It represents the pressures to be pretty and skinny because it is showing 4 popular girls who look like they are enjoying the camera whereas other girls may not relate to this. I can use elements of this in my work because I can take pictures of different people and document their lives compared to other people.


I chose this image because it documents the pressures of being a certain size and having certain features. This image also relates to what it is like being a girl because they are being measured which puts pressure on them to be a certain size. This image represents the life of a model because they have to be a certain size to be a model. I like this image because it draws my attention as we want to know what's going on in the image, we want to know why they are doing this. I can use ideas from this picture by incorporating meanings into my images.


I chose this image because it documents the life that this girl lives. This image shows us a young girl with a cigarette, her posture looks like she should be older like the way she is dressed and the way she is holding the cigarette. It documents the lives that some children are forced to live. It can also represent the pressures of a girl because she is trying to act older than her years. I can use elements of this image in my work because I can document different types of children and the lives that they have to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment