Wednesday 15 February 2017

Evaluation

Evaluation

Throughout my project I have researched several different photographers and each one has made a difference to my work. When I researched Henri-Cartier Bresson I learned about the decisive moment and how he had to decide when to take the image to make sure it turned out the way that he wanted. In my work I was able to use the decisive moment because I timed photos right and was able to capture successful images. Another photographer that has influenced my work is Barbara Kruger, she created physical images relating to feminism. Personally, I liked her work because she spread a meaning throughout her images, they have a purpose and spread her ideas to other people. I particularly enjoyed creating physical images that linked to her work because I  believe strongly in what she was saying and I like spreading my ideas to other people.

Also, I was able to learn several different skills when using the camera in my project. When using the aperture feature on the camera setting we were taught the main f stops and how each f stop let a different amount of light into the image. Learning the f stops and all about aperture had a successful effect on my work because my pictures turned out better as I understood how much light should be allowed into the photo and which f stop to choose. Being able to use the studio also impacted my work a lot because I was able to learn about the studio lighting and how to change the settings on our camera to work well with the studio features. Working in the studio had a successful impact on my photography because I am able to use the equipment well to produce a high quality photograph. 

These different techniques that I have been taught made a successful impact on my work as it has helped develop my photographs well. In the beginning my ability to take photographs was not very successful, I had no idea how to use the different settings on the camera and I didn't understand the different compositional rules that I could've used. Throughout this project my ability to take photographs has progressed well. I now know how to change the different settings on the camera to work with the lighting in the location and which f stop and shutter speed to chose. As well as learning about the camera I have also learnt a lot about Photoshop. I am now able to edit photos using the different tools to produce a progressed photo.

I have demonstrated the different techniques that I have learnt by editing my images using Photoshop. In Photoshop I am able to change the image to black and white to effect the mood of the picture. I have also picked up skills to change the saturation and contrast of the images to effect the colours being produced in the image. Also, I can use different paint brush tools to colour certain elements of the picture, for example making the sky darker or lighter. In my work I have demonstrated using the camera techniques that I have learned by changing the settings on the camera to produce a high quality photo. For example, when taking images related to landscapes I changed the f stop to 22 to produce a high depth of field in the images.

Personally, I think my work is developing in a composite theme because my images show composite rules such as the rule of thirds. However, I would still like to experiment with abstract images as this will help me develop fully what route I would like to take. I enjoy producing composite images because the look nicer and I feel as though I can spread the meaning of the image better.

In my work I feel as though I have been most successful in my documentary project because I produced a high quality photoshoot and also produced better edited photos within this category. I think I have been least successful with tone, I found it extremely successful to make tone images using people but I was unsuccessful at creating tone images using objects.

No comments:

Post a Comment