Thursday 8 September 2016

My Best Photographs


Contact Sheet



My Best Photographs

I have chosen these pictures as my best 5 pictures because they each have different focuses and some are very similar pictures but others are different. Most of these images have relations to nature because they were all taken outside.

This is one of my best photographs because I like how the focus of the image has changed from the foreground to the background. The main focus of this image is the background because the foreground is not in focus. This could symbolise to us how sometimes what is in front of us isn't always the main picture but if we look deeper we can see things in more depth.


I also like this photo of broken concrete tiles. The colours in the image are very dull and none of the colours really stand out but the main focus of the image is the broken tiles. This could symbolise people as not one tile is the same. The fact that they are all broken could suggest heartbreak.


This is also one of my best photographs because everything you can see in the photo is visible and nothing is out of focus. In this photo you can see green flowers, this could represent nature and everything to do with nature. The light green in the photo stands out the most and the fact that the colours in the picture are all green shows how the importance of something can be changed by little details.


I have chosen this photo as one of my best photographs because the focus of the picture is not only on the flower but the leaves are also in focus. Mainly the foreground has been focused and the background is not visible. I like how the camera has focused on the water droplets of the flower. Water droplets could represent tears and a pink flower could represent love, so overall this could symbolise a heart break.


I like this photo because the main focus is on the flowers which represents the nature. There are flowers in the photo which represent nature and happiness. The colour of this flower is pink, this could represent love and happiness as pink is a symbol of valentines which is revolved around love.


This photo is my worst photo because it doesn't show anything. I feel like there is nothing that I can analyse within this photo because it doesn't show anything to me. Also this is a photo that is not taken very well because  part of the camera is visible in the corner. To improve this photo I think I could take a picture similar to this of my feet but have some flowers in the photo or something that I can analyse.


Photoshop Images


I used Photoshop to change this image, by making the girl black and white the background of the photo becomes more of the main focus of the image. In Photoshop I unsaturated the blues and the reds which caused the girl to become black and white and then I brightened the colours. Also, I increased the contrast of the image and also saturated the lighter colours such as the greens and the yellows. Overall I am happy with this outcome because I feel like I have made the picture better.



I used Photoshop to change this image, by making the background black and white the main focus goes onto the flower. I increased the contrast of the image to make it brighter and I unsaturated the reds, greens and yellows in the picture which turned the background black and white. Also parts of the flower are also dark colours, this suggests to us that the flower is beginning to blend in with the background almost like it is being dragged into the darkness. Overall I am happy with this outcome because I feel like I have made the picture better.

1 comment:

  1. a good post here... I wonder why did you call it my best pictures?

    ReplyDelete