Monday 26 September 2016

Texture Image Bank

This image links to texture because the angle that the photographer has taken the image at enables us to see the surface of the wall. We can tell that this wall would be rough rather than smooth because it has cracks missing in the bricks and it looks old and uneven. The focus of the image also helps us able to see the walls texture because we focus on one section of the wall rather than trying to look at the whole thing. I can use this type of photography in my work because I can take the idea of photographing old walls that are rough or newer walls that are smooth.

This image links to texture because the photographer has zoomed in on part of the snakes skin which allows us to be able to tell that the snakes skin is slimy. Also, the reflection of the light onto the snakes skin makes it glisten which also helps us identify that the snakes skin is slimy. We are able to tell that the skin is smooth because there are no sections in the image that prove the skin to be rough. I can use this type of photography in my work because I can use animals in my images to focus on the different types of skin or fur.

This image links to texture because the photographer has focused in on the tree trunk so we are able to see the cracks in the tree. We are able to identify that the tree trunk will feel rough because of the cracks and the fact that the tree is uneven. Although the image has been taken straight on we can still tell that parts of the trunk still stick out and are rough. I can use this type of photography in my work because I can take pictures of things close up instead of the whole thing.

This image links to texture because the photographer has focused in on the animal so we are able to see the fur in better detail. We are able to tell that this animal has fur because we can almost see the individual hairs if we look closely. We can also identify that the fur will be soft because the way the light reflects onto the animal the fur doesn't look rough or hard. I can use this in my photography because I can focus the camera on an animals fur rather than the whole animal.

This image links to texture because the photographer has used lighting to focus on the pasta so that we can tell that the pasta is hard. We can tell that the pasta is hard because if it was cooked and soft they would have a larger surface area. The pasta looks hard and rough because of the edges it has. The lighting helps show the texture well because the brighter the lighting the more we can see. I can use this in my photography because I can get pictures of different types of food with different textures.

No comments:

Post a Comment