Thursday 10 November 2016

Movement Straight Images


I took this image of a roundabout because I wanted to capture the fast movement of the roundabout. This image works well with a motion blur rather than a freeze frame because the freeze frame wouldn't have captured the movement as well as a motion blur. In the image we can see the movement well because the bars of the roundabout are not in focus and these are the main things that are moving. I think the fact that the rest of the image is in focus adds great effect because we are instantly drawn to the motion blur. Also, the way that the bars nearer the camera have a greater motion blur than the bars further away gives a greater effect than if the whole thing was just a massive blur. 


I took this image of swings because I wanted to capture the movement of both the swings going at different speeds. This image shows a motion blur as well as a freeze frame. The swing nearer the camera can be seen as a weak motion blur and the swing behind shows a freeze frame. The fact that the closer swing is a motion blur helps us establish the fact that this swing is going faster than the other. I think swings work well with either motion blur or freeze frame because both types of photo show the movement of the swing well. By having the photo closer to the camera not in focus makes us focus on the swing further away because it stands out but we still manage to focus on the other swing too.


I took this image of someones feet whilst they were walking because I wanted to capture their movement. This image shows a strong motion blur because the back foot is almost non existent where as the front foot is more visible. The fact that the back foot is less visible makes us see it is it is fading away as it almost looks ghost like. The way the background is more in focus makes the motion blur stand out more. By showing only the persons feet rather than their whole body makes the picture more interesting because we only focus on the feet whereas if their whole body was in shot it is likely that other aspects of the image would draw away our attention. 


I took this image of a taxi because I wanted to capture the movement of traffic as it went past. This image shows a strong motion blur because the taxi is totally a blur. Motion blur or freeze frame would work well in this case but I chose motion blur as it looked better against a focussed background. Having the background in focus helps the motion blur to stand out because it is the only blurry part of the picture. I think this motion blur is good I don't think it needs increasing or decreasing because it already gives a good effect.



I took this image of a girl because I wanted to capture the movement of her swaying her hair back and forth. This image shows a motion blur because the movement of her hair has created a blur. I think a freeze frame or a motion blur would've worked in this case but I chose a motion blur because it stands out more against the focussed background. I think the fact that everything else is in focus apart from her hair makes us focus more on the hair and what sort of movement she is performing to get the motion blur.

No comments:

Post a Comment