Sunday 8 January 2017

Photoshoot 1 Straight Images


I took this image because I liked how the lights stand out against the darker colours. Also, I like how we are not just looking at the hotel as there are trees included in the shot which adds effect to the image. I was interested in taking this image because the hotel is situated on a corner rather than straight on a road, the fact that it is on a corner gives the image a lot of depth of field because we can see deep down the left side of the hotel. I think this represents the topic of London well because when we walk around there are several different hotels that all look different.



I took this image because I liked how the tunnel appears as dull and dark but the graffiti around the outside brings it to life more. This graffiti tunnel is located in the nicer areas of London which confuses us because we don't relate these sort of scenes in posher and upper class places. I was interested in taking this image because it straight away took my attention because of the bright colours. Also, I like how this can be perceived as a deserted area because of the greenery hanging down and the lack of cleanliness. I think it represents London well because it shows the areas that people might not think of straight away.



I took this image because I wanted to capture Big Ben but in a different way to the stereotypical pictures of it alongside the Houses of Parliament. I was interested in taking this image because I wanted to incorporate other buildings and the road as well as Big Ben. Although there is a lot going on in this image the main focus of Big Ben is still visible and clear. I think this represents London well because it shows a main landmark and what is happening around it on a normal day. 



I took this image because I wanted to capture the importance that this building showed and how it stands out against everything else. Although this building is not famous at all and is just a hotel I was interested in how it is made to look important and stands out against all the traffic which is passing by. The fact that this is a hotel shows us that hotels in London are made to stand out and have some importance because everyone looks different and is different.



I took this image because I wanted to capture the importance of the Big Ben. I think it helps in this instance that some of the Houses of Parliament is existent in this image because it makes Big Ben stand out more as it dominates over the building. I think the colour of the sky adds effect to the image, the fact that is is dull makes the buildings stand out. I think this represents London well because it is a famous landmark and it stands out as it is well known.

No comments:

Post a Comment