Sunday 9 October 2016

Form Work Diary

Evaluation
When taking pictures for form some of the images I took turned out well and captured what I wanted them to. However, there were some images that I wasn't able to capture the idea of form so well.

I think this image is one of my best images because not only have I captured form well also the focus, lighting and angle is also good. This image captures form because we can clearly see the leaves and their form. I think the angle of the picture is good because if I had gotten any closer to the object the form wouldn't have been that obvious and if I was too far out then other objects may have been included in the image that I wouldn't want. I like this image as I feel like the idea that I was going for has worked and the picture has turned out good.
I think this image is also one of my best images because I think the form has been captured very well. Although the lighting hasn't turned out as I would've hoped I think that with some editing this will become a better picture. The focus and the angle is good in the image. The angle is good because if I had gotten any closer then the image wouldn't have been as clear as this. Also, the focus of this image is good because I spent time on the focus of it. I like this image because it links to me as they are my glasses so I want this picture to turn out good.
I think this image isn't one of my best image because the focus and the angle of the image wasn't very good. In general I think that the idea of the image was good but the photo just didn't turn out how I would've liked it. The image is blurry which affects us seeing the form of the object. Also, the lighting of the image isn't what I wanted because in the images I have taken I was aiming for a big shadow. Next time with this object I will take care of the focus of the image and maybe try to take it a few different times.
Progression
After taking these images I put the best ones into Photoshop and edited to make them even better.

     

To edit this image I made it black and white and sharpened the image too. By editing it this way it makes the form more visible as everything in the image had been sharpened so it all stands out. Also, by making it black and white everything merges into one so it all looks like the same thing. Next time I will progress this image by not making it black and white but using the colours that are already there and maybe brighten it or saturate the colours.

To edit this image I increased the brightness of the image and also sharpened the image. By editing the image in this way it has made it better because the picture is more clearer and form is more visible as the shadow is darker and bolder. To improve this image further I could make it black and white and see if form is shown better than how I have edited it here.

      

To edit this image I have brightened it, increased the saturation and sharpened it. This has made the image better because the shape of the bottle has become more clear and the focus of the bottle has became better. By editing it this way we can also see the water in the bottle more clearly unlike the original image. To improve this image more I think I should maybe take the image at a different angle and more close up to capture the form better. 

      

To edit this image I have brightened it and sharpened it. This has made the image better because the image is more clear so the element of form is more obvious. By editing the image this way it has become better because in the original image nothing is clear and it looks like a poor taken photo but when edited it isn't that bad. Next time to improve this image I will focus on the lighting to make the original image also good.

       

To edit this image I have brightened it, sharpened it and cropped it. This has made the image better because the image is more clear and the lighting appears better. Also, by sharpening the image the shadows become bolder so that the form is captured better. Next time to improve this image better I will make sure that the original image is good as well as the edited one by fixing the lighting better.

Next time if I have to take pictures linked to this topic I will use these improvements to progress the image.

1 comment:

  1. Well documented but aesthetically and in terms of subject matter could you have tried to find subject matter that links with the them form in a more clear way... try to be more creative in your choice of objects...

    ReplyDelete