Saturday 1 October 2016

Pattern Work Diary

Evaluation
I took some images relating to pattern, in each image I have tried to incorporate pattern as best as I could. I tried to incorporate regular and irregular patterns in the photos. In the images I have taken some of them have turned out very well but others haven't turned out how I would've liked them to. I have a some best images and some worse images that haven't presented texture as I would've liked.



I think this is one of my best images because the regular pattern that is present is very obvious in the image. The focus of the image and the angle of the image has worked well because the patter is sharp and is clearly seen. I like this image because the texture of the pattern can also be seen as well as the pattern which gives it a greater effect as the pattern is seen to stand out.  To improve this image I could've focused in more on smaller sections of the pattern because it would become more clear. 


I think this is also one of my best images because the irregular pattern is clearly seen in the image.  Next time if I was taking this image again I think that I would've taken the image more closer up to make the pavement tiles more obvious. By editing this photo I could make the pattern bolder to make it stand out more and make it more obvious that it is an irregular pattern.


I think that this is one of my worst photos because the pattern is not clear whether it is regular or irregular because the pattern is not clear. In this image I was trying to take the pattern of the football in the image but it didn't turn out as I would've liked it. Next time if I was taking the image again I would've made it more zoomed out and placed it on a white background so that the pattern was more clearer in the image.

Progression
To progress the images that I have taken I have used Photoshop to edit the photos to improve them.


         

To edit this image I have made the photo black and white, I have increased the darkness of the black of the green colours and brightened the white of the other colours to make the flowers stand out more against the darker colour. I think the edit of the photo is better because it shows the pattern better and makes it stand out more. To progress this image further, next time I think I should include more of the pattern in the image so have a wider image angle.

        

To edit this image I have decreased the brightness of the photo to make the pavement slabs stand out more. Also, I have increased the saturation of the colours which also made the pavement stand out more. I think the edit of this photo is better than the original image because the irregular pattern stands out more and so do the colours. To progress this image further I think that I could try different effects with the picture such as making it black and white to see if it progresses the image in any way.

        

To edit this image I have increased the saturation of the image which makes the pattern bolder and more visible. I think think the edit of this photo is better because the pattern is bolder and brighter which makes the regular pattern more visible. To progress this image further I could've also sharpened the image to make it more bolder. Also, next time I could also make this image black and white which would've also increased the boldness of the pattern.

        

To edit this image I have made it black and white whilst increasing the darkness and the lightness of the different colours to make the shapes stand out more. I think the edited version of this image is better than the original image because the regular pattern is bolder and stands out more. To progress this image further I could've sharpened the image and also saturated the colours more.

       

To edit this image I have increased the saturation of the colours, this makes the pattern stand out more because the colours are bolder. I think the edited version of this photo is better because the original photo is duller and not bold unlike the edited version. To progress this image further I think I could make the image black and white and then sharpen the image to make it bolder.

Next time I have an opportunity to take videos linked to this topic I will use these improvements to make my photography better.

No comments:

Post a Comment