Tuesday 25 October 2016

Tone Image Bank


This image displays tone well because it shows darkened parts of the picture and light parts. The weather in this image helps create tone because the clouds are blocking the light making the tower look darker than usual. The tones in this image give a creepy effect almost as if it was part of a horror film because there is a lot of darkness in the image and the light parts are dull and eerie. I can use this idea in my work because I can use the weather to creates tone in my images and the time of day. I can use the natural light to create tones in my pictures but I can also create light to make tones.



This image also uses natural light to create tones. We can see a field and the main focus of the sky and the clouds. The tones in this image are bright and welcoming but we can see a dark cloud in the corner about to ruin the lightness and block out the sun. The deeper meaning of this image could be that the clouds are controlling because they can block out the sun but also let the sun through, almost like they create the tones. I can use these ideas in my work because I can take images of landscapes that create tone. This picture helps me because it gives me an idea of using different landscapes in my work.



This image has dark and light tones but all together the image is very dull and dark. The main focus of this image is the lions face because parts of the mane are darkened and the small area of background we can see is blurred out. A deeper meaning of this image could be that the lion is representing someone because the main representation of a lion is that they are strong and powerful leaders. The dullness of this image shows us that strong and powerful people have weak moments. I can use this idea in my image by photographing people and animals but focusing on one part of their body. 



This image uses harsh lighting to create tones in the image. We can tell that the lighting is coming from the right hand side because that side of the flower is very light whereas the left side is quite dark. By using this lighting the detail of the flower can be see very clearly. The deeper meaning of this image could be that it is representing a person, on half of the person is dark and dull but they have a bright side. I can use the idea of lighting in my work because I can use harsh lighting to get the light and dark lighting on the objects I choose. Also I can take the idea of using an object to represent something or someone.



This image uses harsh lighting too and is similar to the picture before. We can tell by looking at the image that the light is coming from the left hand side because the right side of her face is in complete darkness. Although harsh lighting is used it isn't very bright lighting because more of the dark side of the face would be lighter. As a woman is in the picture you would think that feminine lighting would be used but I think that the lighting is very masculine because her eyes are dark and I would've expected them to be lighter. I can use this idea in my work because I can take pictures of people but use lighting at different angles to create darkness in different areas of the face.

No comments:

Post a Comment